dude feelings suck also i sound like a bitter old fool but i agree to your sentimentsYou do not sound like a bitter old fool, you sound like someone AFTER MY OWN HEART. All I’m sayin’ is there’s a reason I have a #full time witch and spinster tag.
40 Questions — Meme for Fic Writers
- Describe your comfort zone—a typical you-fic.
- Is there a trope you’ve yet to try your hand at, but really want to?
- Is there a trope you wouldn’t touch with a ten foot pole?
- How many fic ideas are you nurturing right now? Care to share one of them?
- Share one of your strengths.
- Share one of your weaknesses.
- Share a snippet from one of your favorite pieces of prose you’ve written and explain why you’re proud of it.
- Share a snippet from one of your favorite dialogue scenes you’ve written and explain why you’re proud of it.
- Which fic has been the hardest to write?
- Which fic has been the easiest to write?
- Is writing your passion or just a fun hobby?
- Is there an episode above all others that inspires you just a little bit more?
- What’s the best writing advice you’ve ever come across?
- What’s the worst writing advice you’ve ever come across?
- If you could choose one of your fics to be filmed, which would you choose?
- If you only could write one pairing for the rest of your life, which pairing would it be?
- Do you write your story from start to finish, or do you write the scenes out of order?
- Do you use any tools, like worksheets or outlines?
- Stephen King once said that his muse is a man who lives in the basement. Do you have a muse?
- Describe your perfect writing conditions.
- How many times do you usually revise your fic/chapter before posting?
- Choose a passage from one of your earlier fics and edit it into your current writing style. (Person sending the ask is free to make suggestions).
- If you were to revise one of your older fics from start to finish, which would it be and why?
- Have you ever deleted one of your published fics?
- What do you look for in a beta?
- Do you beta yourself? If so, what kind of beta are you?
- How do you feel about collaborations?
- Share three of your favorite fic writers and why you like them so much.
- If you could write the sequel (or prequel) to any fic out there not written by yourself, which would you choose?
- Do you accept prompts?
- Do you take liberties with canon or are you very strict about your fic being canon compliant?
- How do you feel about smut?
- How do you feel about crack?
- What are your thoughts on non-con and dub-con?
- Would you ever kill off a canon character?
- Which is your favorite site to post fic?
- Talk about your current wips.
- Talk about a review that made your day.
- Do you ever get rude reviews and how do you deal with them?
- Write an alternative ending to [insert fic title] (or just the summary of one).
Why did I think writing a book about the fast food mafia was a good idea
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #tell me all about it please
IT IS ABOUT A WORLD…WHERE FAST FOOD AND THE INGREDIENTS TO MAKE CERTAIN GRADES OF IT ARE CONSIDERED ILLEGAL NARCOTICS?
AND. SO RISES THE FAST FOOD MAFIA.
The two big opposing forces are the Clowns and the Cows. Clowns specialize in selling to kids and inspiring brand loyalty. Cows do more running and trade in raw ingredients, but they’ve been trying to muscle in on Clown territory for years. There’s also a faction, led by the Colonel, working to make things as hard as possible for em both. But there are plenty of small fries in the business too.
Huge syrup smuggling operations coming out of South America, where things are less tightly regulated. Kids that “look Chinese enough” frequently coerced into being oil runners, because back when peanut oil became a limited commodity, Asian-Americans rose up about traditional food and personal heritage, and were given some of the only licenses for increased allotments and restaurant operation. Dealers handing out nuggets and fries from thermal insulated backpacks. Uncut MSG landing guys in jail. Popper parties, spiked bottles of sugar, underground eating dens, some of which are quite exclusive.
Junkies need their fixings, after all.
THIS IS NUTTY AS HECK AND I LOVE IT
like or like like
Because navel-gazing is the thing I do best. Sorry, but also, you’ve been warned; feel free to skip at your leisure!
I very rarely get crushes on people, and when I do, it’s a fast-blooming thing––three or four days has thus far been the longest a crush of mine has lasted before it fizzles down into regular friendship. (EXCEPTION: BFFGate 2005-2007, which at the time I did not recognize as the …crush? weird adolescent almost-relationship? accidental romantic friendship?… it was.)
However, I go through intense infatuations with writers and artists on a regular basis, usually lasting for months or years before they die down all the way. Not with celebrities, usually, although also it’s never people I really know––to date it’s mostly been webcomic artists, small-time musicians, and sometimes people in fandom who I’ve admired from afar. I’ve definitely had a longstanding tradition of being totally bowled over by someone’s skill and then growing immensely fond of the person. Not, like, in a sexual way, but just in a I am frequently delighted by the things you say, do, and create way. And that’s pretty consistent with at least some definitions of a crush, right?
I don’t know, I just thought it was interesting! It literally never occurred to me to count that as having a crush on anyone before. Am I alone in this??? IDK! HOW DO FEELINGS WORK, INTERNET?
I recorded this last night. The volume was mad low because my daughter was sleeping, so that’s my annoying mistake. But the audio is clear, just turn up your volume or use headphones and listen closely to the astonishingly malicious reporting from CNN International (which takes over American CNN every night for some reason).
They have 3 [Black] eyewitnesses, which they completely disregard by framing a false equivalency with— and I’m not making this up, "an anonymous caller who did NOT witness the shooting BUT is a friend of the officers"
Whaaaaaat? You’re rebutting 3 eyewitnesses with an anonymous caller who did NOT even see the events AND is a friend of the shooter? Really?
Where they do that at?
CNN continues, “"an anonymous caller who did NOT witness the shooting BUT is a friend of the officers says Michael Brown was the aggressor, which CNN has CONFIRMED matches the account officer Wilson gave authorities.”
Oh, you confirmed it did you? Of course it matches, she’s representing the guy who will literally say anything to stay out of jail. She already admitted that she could not possibly know if what she’s saying is true, and CNN broadcasts it around the world. Think about that. They use the word “confirmed” in an attempt to add validity to propoganda, while making it sound like they did some work.
Then, as if that wasn’t crazy enough, they immediately play the ANONYMOUS person’s call/version of events on TV!! (With captioning to make sure the narrative really burns into your consciousness.) Her version has literally zero merit. They did not play any of the eyewitness accounts and went straight to a play-by-play from someone who WASN’T EVEN THERE??!!
That is a gross violation of journalistic responsibility and public trust.
The question is not “if” but why; why have news networks chosen a side?
(Granted, none of these accounts are given under oath; none are automatically true. But at least ask people who could possibly be of value.)
SHE DIDNT EVEN SEE THE SHOOTING WHAT THE HELL IS SHE CONFIRMING ???
I’m not sure if these people are idiots or if they have got to the point they just completely don’t care I mean they never did but this is crazy
You ever notice the high correlation between possible klan membership and how their hair almost matches their fucking skin
Why did I think writing a book about the fast food mafia was a good idea